Trail "Gallura” (also for trail beginners)
- Day 1: Arrival, in the afternoon meeting and dinner.
- Day 2: In the morning You have a short tour on a 30-ha cork plantation.
- Day 3: Today, we ride to “La Silvaredda”, which means in the Sardinian term “the wild land”; and in fact, the impressive Granit Rocky Mountains, the dense bush vegetation and its suggestive river crossings, remember a bit the wild west.
- Day 4: This time, we ride heading south. Crossing the vastness in the valley, then our way goes up the hill until we’ll reach the little country church of Santa Maria della grazia, where we stop for a rest. Nearby the church we’ll find rustically seat facilities. Afterwards, shady sand paths with typical oak and wild olive trees lead us back to the valley.
- Day 5: Crossing the hinterland of Arasana our ride today takes us to Macciucatu. Sometimes on off roads, sometimes on small paths, which meander up to the Monte Pino mountain. Here nature changes again from a bush vegetation into a wild forest. On top you got a great view on the surrounding mountain chain. Down the hill on our way home, we cross the Lu Madjone canyon. Sometimes on our way we see the “stazzus” (ancient Sardinian house construction), cow and horse pastures and farms. Back in the valley, we have a break for lunch before we start our way home.
- Day 6: On the traces of the hidden island, today we ride on forgotten paths, beside old cow farms and granite rocks, pinewoods, and breath-taking canyons to the Monti Santu mountain! From the top you can even see the sea. The first part of our ride takes us up into the mountains, with its bizarre rock formations. Afterwards, we ride to Santu Santino, where we have lunch in the middle of a fairy tale forest, with its hundred years old oak trees and moss – covered round rocks. Here, even in summer the natural spring water runs out from the rocky wall to the stream.
- Day 7: Our ride discovers the breath-taking beaches of the famous Costa Smeralda. Riding down a sandy road, beside the Mediterranean scrub and arbutus bushes, we arrive to the Liscia Ruja (also called Long Beach) beach. After a short stop for photo shooting, we keep on going to the “laghetto”, where we ride off from the road and go ahead on a small path, which takes us along the coast. Passing the rocky wall, we have a great view down the cliffs on the sea just in front of us. In spring the yellow flowers of the wild broom line our way to complete the picture.
- Day 8: Departure after breakfast.
Dates, prices per person, services, hints
8 days/ 7 overnight stays, double room with bathroom/shower. Full board, ¼ table wine at dinner (for lunchtime a lunch –packet), English speaking guide.
Centre based tour Gallura
Maximum weight 80 kilogram (weight control on arrival)
From 3 until 6 hours daily (except first day, short tour)
Horses: Anglo –Arab, pure Arabian horse, Haflinger
Tack: English trekking saddles, mostly bit – less or snaffle bit
Riding experiences: good knowledge in all the basic gaits; light seat; comfortable pace, even for “not top trained” riders suitable. Small, clear groups, from minimum 1 up to 5 persons. Bigger groups on request.
Transfer from / to Olbia airport € 35,00 p. p.